Life Transition Therapy
in New Jersey
Adjusting to Life-Altering Transitions
Throughout our lives, we encounter a number of life-altering transitions. Some transitions are joyous, adding happiness and fulfillment. Their other transitions, however, are rooted in separation and loss. Regardless of the nature of the transition, any significant change in our lives can evoke a plethora of emotions.
In treatment, individuals acquire the ability to understand and appreciate the impact that each transition ultimately has on their lives; working to grieve the loss of what was and embrace what is.
Common Life Transitions
- Occupational Changes – New Job / Retirement
- Leaving Home For The First Time
- Empty Nest
- Entering Into A New Relationship
- Getting Married
- Pregnancy / Birth of A Child
- Marital Changes – Separation / Divorce
- Moving Into A New Home
- Tragedy / Loss
- Aging / Menopause