Child Therapy Services
During this time in your child’s life, they face daily stressors and many unfamiliar situations. Unfortunately, they are ill-equipped at this stage in their development to fully identify and process these complex experiences.
This can lead to behavior that’s out of character for your child. You may notice any of the following: aggressive behavior toward self and others, anxiety when separating from friends and family, constantly seeking reassurance, difficulty making and maintaining social connections, inability to identify and communicate feelings, irrational thoughts and worries, minimal ability to tolerate frustration.
Not only do we offer child therapy services, we provide support for you too.
Child Therapy Services
Whether at home or at school, your child faces adversities every day. For many youngsters, the negative feelings associated with these moments can feel overwhelming. Without the proper tools, these experiences can have a lasting effect on their ability to overcome difficulties during their life.
With the right assistance, your child can become better equipped to successfully handle challenges standing in their way. This also results in greater awareness, understanding and compassion for themselves and others.
The Most Common Goals in Child Therapeutic Services:
- Becoming better equipped to tolerate frustration and uncertainty.
- Celebrating one’s own unique strengths and capabilities.
- Creating healthy boundaries with others to ensure that you are safeguarded both physically and emotionally.
- Establishing a stronger sense of self identity and independence.
- Finding an inner voice that promotes self advocacy and confidence.
- Gaining an understanding of the connection between thoughts and behaviors
- Identify and label adverse emotions and experiences.
- Improving relationship with parents and establishing a more cohesive dynamic within the household.
- Initiating interaction and maintaining healthy relationships with peers.
- Mastering how to manage internal and external pressures.
- Strengthening one’s self awareness, confidence and esteem
- Understanding the inner workings of the body and establishing more successful and productive techniques to self regulate