in New Jersey
Gain freedom from depression and create the life you want
Feeling down from time to time is a normal part of life, but for some, these darker moments can become chronic and debilitating.
Whether there is a biological predisposition or a specific life event that triggers the presence of depressive episodes, the symptoms experienced can vary for each individual. For some, there is a slight disruption in mood, motivation, and energy, while others endure chronic feelings of hopelessness and despair.
An individual’s treatment will center on gaining greater understanding and awareness of their own internal experience, in order to equip oneself with the tools necessary to alleviate the presence of these negative symptoms.
Symptoms Associated With Depressive Disorders
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- The feeling of sadness or emptiness
- Decreased energy
- Frequent negative self-talk
- Lowered sense of esteem & worth
- Trouble concentrating and making decisions
- Irritability or excessive anger
- Decreased activity, effectiveness, and productivity
- Avoidance of social activities
- Feelings of guilt and worries over the past
- Changes in appetite resulting in weight loss or gain
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all activities
- Slowed thinking, speaking, or body movements
- Frequent or recurrent thoughts of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
The Focus Of Our Work Together
One out of every ten Americans experiences chronic depressive symptoms throughout their lives. Although this is a common ailment, the reality is that depression can be triggered for many different reasons. Some individuals have a biological predisposition, while others may have experienced loss, transition, trauma, or interpersonal conflict.
A comprehensive treatment approach can be successful in minimizing the symptoms of depression, as individual gains a greater understanding of their experiences, learns to self-regulate, alter their perspectives and regain control of their life.