Couples Therapy Service
Overcome the problems affecting your relationship
When considering couples counseling, it’s natural to feel apprehensive. You may be worried that this decision could signal the end of your relationship. This is a common feeling. Keep in mind, couples who willingly attend therapy are more likely to find long-term success because of their participation. In fact, couples counseling is more common than you may think. Research shows about nearly 50% of married couples have attended counseling sessions.
When initial courtship’s glow inevitably fades, real-life issues arise. Adversity can also trigger deeper, unresolved issues that you experienced in your past. What separates the most successful relationships is the way couples overcome these obstacles.
Is Your Relationship Healthy?
Focus of Couples Counseling
- Communicate more effectively with one another.
- Identify chronic arguments in the relationship and address the underlying conflict or resentment.
- Develop a sense of responsibility for personal behaviors.
- Better manage daily stressors to avoid impacting the dynamic within the household.
- Learn to express painful emotions that are sometimes internalized.
- Reignite the passion, romance and friendship that was present in the initial stages of the relationship.
- Learn to listen and respect the wants and needs of your partner.
- Better identify one’s own wants and needs.
- Create long term goals and dreams as a cohesive unit.
- Heal from past hurts, emotional affairs and infidelity.
- Improve connection amongst blended families.
- Create a new beginning after suffering from a divorce or separation.
- Address financial concerns as a couple, while creating an appropriate plan of action.
- Redefine parenting roles and establish more effective discipline within the household