· 1 romaine heart, rinsed and chopped
· 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1/2 cup frozen organic corn, defrosted
· 1 organic Persian cucumber, sliced
· 1/2 large organic bell pepper, chopped
· 1/4 cup sliced black olives
· 1/2 cup cherry grape tomatoes, halved
· 2 tbsp/ finest chopped red onion, optional
· 1/2 avocado cubed
· 3-4 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Sriracha ranch dressing, to taste
· 1/2 cup cooked, cooked quinoa (can be prepared in advance)
1. Boil 1 cup water and rinse quinoa thoroughly in fine mesh sieve. Add quinoa and cover. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed
2. Transfer cooked quinoa to refrigerator and let cool.
3. Prepare vegetables and place in large bowl. Add cooled quinoa, dressing and toss to combine.
4. Top salad with avocado and serve immediately
Makes two generous servings