- 1 Medium Head Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Large Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Small Potato, Peeled & Cut into 1"pieces
4 Cups (32 oz.) Container Bone Broth or Low Sodium, Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Trim about 2” off broccoli stem and discard. Cut florets off broccoli and set aside. Cut up remaining stems into 1” pieces.
- Heat oil in a 4 to 6 quart stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened and onion is translucent.
- Add potato, chicken broth and broccoli stems to pot. Cover and bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes.
- Add reserved broccoli florets to pot. Cover and boil 5 to 7 more minutes until broccoli and potato are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Let cool before transferring to blender or food processor. Puree, in batches, until smooth (or use an immersion blender.)
- Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top.
Makes 6 Servings